The collar trend is looking set to run and run in 2018. We’ll be sewing the look with The Libby Dress, from issue 40 of Simply Sewing magazine. Here’s a round up of some of our favourite ideas for DIY collar style this summer…
(Clockwise from top left):
1. Peter Pan Collar Blazer, Burda Style
Combine the soft feel of a Peter Pan collar with this smart fitted jacket PDF pattern.
2. Hell Yeah Embroidered Collar, It Fils Good
This removable collar with chain stitch detail is made to fit your measurements. You can switch up the greeting and opt for Girl Gang or What Ever.
3. Cloud Collar Clips, An English Garden
No time to sew your own collar? Jazz up shop-brought varieties with these pretty cloud collar clips – hand drawn and cut in Hertfordshire. They’d look perfect pinned to a shirt or dress collar, or across a cardigan.
4. Bow Blouse, Tilly and the Buttons
We featured this top sewing pattern in issue 14 of Simply Sewing.
5. Handmade Peter Pan collars, Tres Chouette
This Italian Etsy store specialises in handmade accessories for ‘Peculiar Misses’. They have a great range of collars with attitude to customise the plainest of outfits with an instant cheery touch.
- Sewing your own collar? Check out the Sewing Quarter store to browse their range of interfacings to stabilise your make.
- 7 of the best Sweet Swans to sew
- Me Made May 2018: your makes
6. Susie Blouse PDF pattern, Sew Over It
Looking for a simple yet versatile everyday top? Ta da! Sew your Susie Blouse with casual short sleeves, a chic 3/4 length sleeve or a smart long sleeve with a cuff, The flattering, loose fitting bodice is shaped with bust darts and features a v-neck with flat collar. With no tricky fastenings it is ideal for beginner dressmakers who want to make their first top.
7. Child’s Printed Jersey Top, Boden
Available in sizes 0-4 years, this cheery cotton jersey T-shirt is adorned with colourful circus motifs. The trimmed Peter Pan collar and elasticated ruffle cuffs show how you can adapt grown up high street trends when making for children.