Happy days! Next week is World Craft Week, when makers everywhere come together and share seven days of projects, giveaways and challenges to celebrate our favourite thing – crafting! Reach for your needle and thread and get ready to join in the fun…
World Craft Week is an annual online event that brings together crafters from all around the world to spread the word about the joy of making! This year’s event has a theme that’s close to our hearts – mindful making. Hands up if you find sewing is your happy place, we do!
- Mollie Makes: Why crafting is good for your mental health
- Mindful making: free mandala embroidery pattern
- Have you tried hand-piecing your patchwork? Try this step-by-step guide
3 ways to join in the fun…
- Get the free World Craft Week digital magazine!
It includes 35 mindful makes, tutorials and patterns and all you have to do is sign up to get it. Download it here
- Take the #makeitmindful challenge
To celebrate this week’s theme of the therapeutic power of crafting, the World Craft Week team are issuing an instagram challenge next week. Share a photo a day to show what making means to you. There are 7 daily prompts (below). Day 1 will be Monday 25th March.
- Follow the hashtag #worldcraftweek
The event is growing each year and you can find out more by following them on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or check out the hashtags #worldcraftweek and#makeitmindful