Why wait for a white Christmas when you can sew your own? Jo Carter’s frosty friend is an easy-to-make snowman softie toy that will be treasured for years!
Download our free snowman sewing pattern below for this cutest of Christmas sewing projects below, plus find out what you need to get making!
You will need
- Fabric A: white fleece fabric, 50x50cm (20x20in), for the main body
- Fabric B: cotton fabric, 22x22cm (9x9in), for the arms
- Fabric C: cotton fabric, 10x10cm (4x4in), for the nose
- Fabric D: fleece fabric, 25x56cm (10x22in), for the hat and scarf
- Fabric E: cotton fabric, 16x36cm (7x14in), for the hat lining
- Pair of 12mm black plastic safety eyes
- Black embroidery thread
- Polyester toy filling
- Wadding/felt scrap: 12x12cm (5x5in)
- Pair of buttons: 18mm (3⁄4in) diameter
- Basic sewing kit
Approx 30cm (12in) tall with the hat or 26cm (10in) tall without the hat.
Free snowman sewing pattern
For full instructions:
You can find Jo Carter’s full step-by-step tutorial for this project in issue 49 of Simply Sewing magazine.