Spring is in the air, and our sewing machine is ready to go! We’ve packed issue 41 with projects to give our homes and wardrobes a new look for the new season, including the versatile Emma Pinafore pattern and Handmade Home project book with 20 home makes to try. Take a peek inside the issue…
Issue 41’s The Emma Pinafore is the transitional garment our spring wardrobes have been waiting for! This feminine take on a utility style is perfect for layering with everything from cosy knits to favourite tees and features a V-neck bodice, gathered details, a wide waistband and two pocket styles and skirt lengths. We’ll be stitching one for every day of the week.
Layering your pinafore like a pro? Share a snap tagged #simplysewingmag!
It’s not just our wardrobes getting a me-made makeover this month – we’re sprucing up our homes too thanks to issue 41’s Handmade Home project book of 20 makes. Forget spring cleaning – we’re spring sewing!
From bolster cushions made from beautiful vintage fabrics and a statement clamshell quilt, to pretty embroidered pillowcases and practical storage boxes, the Handmade Home project book has every corner of the house covered.
Also in issue 41:
- Draft your own pattern for a stylish tunic dress.
- Sew a country-house style living room.
- Make a boxy cropped top.
- Stitch a floral occasion bag.
- Find out what The New Craft House plan to sew for spring.
- Add sweet embroidered bees to a blouse.
- Make a recipe-book cushion in oilcloth.
- Sew a quilted pet bed.
- Read our interview with the designer behind clothing brand Nadinoo.
- Make a baby romper set.
- Master cloud stitch.
- Stitch a criss-cross quilt in ditsy florals.
- Sew a set of ladybird pattern weights.
- Learn toy-making skills.
- Make a kangaroo and joey soft toy set.
Looking for issue 41’s downloads? Get them here.