Our sewing machine is full speed ahead and whirring away to the sound of festive tunes as we get ready for Christmas. Sew your perfect party frock with The Esme Dress, make quick gifts for the whole family, deck the halls in handmade with our bonus Christmas Makes project book, and update your winter wardrobe with issue 36. Here’s a peek inside…
Get your glitz on with issue 36’s cover star, The Esme Dress, in UK sizes 6-20. This 1960s-inspired frock features a statement waist ruffle and two sleeve and skirt lengths to choose from – pick a statement print or be bold in gold for the party season.
Be sure to share your me-made party look with us using #simplysewingmag
We’re also decking the halls with handmade surprises with issue 36’s Christmas Makes project book featuring 14 festive gifts and decs to sew, from geometric baubles and tree bunting, to a polar bear toy and appliqué tees for the kids. Each one can be made in an afternoon, so you’ll have Christmas all sewn up in no time!
Also in issue 36:
- Make a tabletop tree in festive red fabrics.
- Add a peter pan collar to a shirt.
- Update a sweatshirt with leaf appliqué.
- Sew a set of star cushions for your sofa.
- Discover Corrine Lapierre’s magical felt designs.
- Make quick-stitch gifts for all the family.
- Learn coral stitch and embroider a hoop.
- Make a coin purse embellished with metallic thread.
- Get inspired with fat quarter project ideas.
- Add a faux leather midi skirt to your everyday wardrobe.
- Sew a Scandi Christmas gift sack.
- Read all about Lisa Comfort’s sewing plans for the festive season.
- Make a bed for your four-legged friend.
- Stitch a penguin soft toy.
- Sew a child’s apron for a budding chef.