With a packed schedule of barbecues, holidays, kids’ activities, beach days, family get-togethers, weddings and more, the summer break has us feeling in need of some R&R! Which, of course, for us means spending quality time with our sewing machine. So we’ve filled issue 46 with treat-yourself makes, from a breezy boho dress and twirly 50s skirt, to luxe spa-day accessories and a statement floral quilt. Take a peek inside…
Issue 46 includes two patterns to sew for your everyday wardrobe: The Aisling Dress, and The Tamsyn Top. These boho beauties are all about the cute details, from tassel ties to pretty gathers – the Aisling Dress has a neat collar, fitted waistband and gathered skirt, and The Tamsyn Top has a simple, relaxed fit and gathered sleeves. They’re endlessly customisable, too – we’ve added flower patch details from Stoff & Stil to our Aisling Dress, but you could embroider your own design.
Share your boho look with us tagged #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
Projects + features in issue 45:
- Make luxe bathroom set.
- Sew a patternless 1950s skirt.
- Add a floral panel to your fave tee.
- Stitch an on-trend circle bag.
- Embroider a tropical purse.
- Sew a set of seaside shapes.
- Hack a cami pattern, with two styles to try.
- Make a notebook cover
- Sew a hexie cushion.
- Stitch a cake tin carrier.
- Sew a floral quilt.
- Make a sweet teddy bear toy.
- Sew kids’ drawstring bags.
- Stitch a dog bow tie.