We’ve got summer on our minds and summer makes on our sewing table this month, with plenty of inspiring ideas for sprucing up our homes and wardrobes with sunny projects (no matter what the weather!) in Simply Sewing issue 28. Here’s a peek at what’s inside…
Issue 28’s cover star is The Fold Line’s Jenny Dress pattern in sizes UK 6-20, which can be made as a relaxed-fit layered jersey dress or a simple summer top. The step-by-step instructions will take you through sewing with jersey fabrics and hemming with a twin needle for a professional finish.
Share your Jenny dress or top with us using #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
We’re giving our homes a spring spruce-up too, with nautical-themed utility room makes to brighten up laundry day, a piped cushion that’ll transform a plain bench seat into a statement piece, and a simple-sew bedside tidy.
Also in issue 28:
- Pretty up a sweatshirt with lace panels.
- Make a practical gardening apron.
- Sew a faux suede obi belt.
- Admire Pauline Alice’s beautiful handmade wedding dress.
- Sew a girl’s summer dress.
- Take a peek at Sew Caroline’s beautiful sewing space.
- Update a cardigan with crewel-stitched blooms.
- Make a Liberty-print scarf.
- Upcycle jeans into a statement necklace.
- Transform cable knits into cosy cushion covers.