Our New Year’s resolution is an easy one: to spend more time at our sewing machine! We’ve got lots of handmade loveliness planned for the coming year, from jersey dresses and chic blouses to gym essentials and quick-sew accessories to freshen up our space. Get inspired and take a peek inside issue 38 below. Get your copy today in our online store. We’re starting our 2018 dressmaking adventures with two staples for our everyday wardrobes: The Alice Dress and The Bea Blouse.
First up, we’ll be ticking ‘sew with knits like a pro’ off our resolutions list thanks to The Alice Dress, a simple ballet-inspired frock with a feminine faux-wrap bodice, gathered skirt and two sleeve and skirt lengths.
And we’re getting work ready with The Bea Blouse – this vintage-inspired shift-style top with a pretty bow neckline detail will take you from workdays to weekend brunches in style.
Making a Bea or Alice (or both)? Share yours tagged #simplysewingmagAlso with issue 38 is The Gym Bag pattern, a handy holdall with space for everything you need for a workout (or your next weekend away) with sturdy webbing shoulder and crossbody straps and faux leather details. Hello, new favourite travel bag!
Projects + good reads in issue 38:
- Sew a Liberty-lined cork clutch bag.
- Stitch a ballerina plushie toy.
- Make floral gym accessories.
- Try a jeans-to-skirt refashion.
- Discover inspiring creative stories from the By Way Of blog.
- Sew a denim pocket wall organiser.
- Stitch a sleep mask and gift bag.
- Make a set of patchwork coasters.
- Rosie Martin shares her passion for patternless.
- Learn bullion rose stitch and embroider a heart.
- Spruce up your laundry room with handmade accessories.
- Sew a dog doorstop from a fat quarter.
- Make The New Craft House’s cosy quick-sew cowl.
- By Hand London share their 2018 sewing goals.
- Transform a jumper into a kid’s dress.