Frosty mornings, cosy nights in, chunky knits, and lots and lots of layers – we’re fully embracing winter this issue with new looks for everyday style and plenty of ideas for getting started on your handmade Christmas (it’s never too early!). Get your copy of issue 35 today in our online store. Here’s a peek inside…We’re filling the day-to-night wardrobe gap with The Jade Dress (UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18/EUR 43-48), an easy-wear dress designed for stretch knit fabrics with oh-so-flattering princess seams, two sleeve and skirt lengths, and a pleated skirt for added swish-factor.
Make in a bold print, mix and match colourful plains, or use a knit with a bit of sparkle for a party-ready frock. Share yours with us using #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see your version! We may have packed away our floral summer dresses, but there are some style staples that earn their spot in our wardrobe all year round – and this issue’s versatile Zoe Dress is one of them!
The Zoe Dress is a simple-sew smock dress with no fiddly fastenings (hurrah!) that’s a go-to for easy summer style but can be layered up with your favourite knits in winter, too. Show us how you style your Zoe Dress using #simplysewingmag
Also in issue 35:
- Spruce up your guest room with floral makes.
- Update a jumper with floral cross stitch.
- Add a lace panel to a floral blouse.
- Make an apron for a star baker.
- Read our feature on Liberty fan and designer Alice Caroline.
- Sew a patchwork stocking with Tilda.
- Protect your tech with a tablet case.
- Make sweet and simple house-shaped cushions.
- Sew a snowy owl toy.
- Learn braid stitch and embroidery a festive wreath.
- Learn 3D applique and make a baby blanket.
- Discover the 90-year history of Simplicity.