Our love affair with sewing started with beautiful fabrics – especially oh-so-pretty florals! So we’ve filled issue 33 with feminine prints and floaty fabrics to inspire your makes this month, from vintage-inspired blooms for the bedroom to a feminine chiffon blouse. Order your copy today in our online store, or take a peek inside the issue… Whatever your getaway plans are this summer, add issue 33’s cover star, Cotton + Chalk’s The Holiday Set (in sizes UK 6-20, US 4-18, EUR 34-48) to your sewing list before you jet off. This floaty little number is perfect for beach days, city breaks and everything in between, and includes a simple vest top for layering. It’s time to raid your stash for flowy chiffons and colourful jerseys!
Where will you wear your Holiday Set? Show us your summer makes with #simplysewingmag (just try not to make us too jealous with your holiday snaps!)
Also in issue 33:
- Sew vintage floral accessories for your bedroom.
- Make a colour-block top from unworn garments.
- Add an asymmetric tee to your everyday wardrobe.
- Sew a maternity shift dress with Sew Over It.
- Transform jeans into a fringed cross-body bag.
- Make animal-motif appliqué baby bibs.
- Take a peek behind the scenes at The New Craft House.
- Refashion an oversized shirt into a bow blouse.
- Sew a cuddly elephant softie.
- Find out what Debbie Shore has in store for next year.
- DIY the desert trend with a cactus cushion.
- Learn cable chain stitch and embroider a mug rug.
- Master sewing with bias binding.
- Get ahead of the trends with The Fold Line’s autumn sewing edit.