Yes, we know it’s only October…but it’s never too early to start sewing for the festive season! If only so we can stock up on glitzy fabrics for all the party-ready makes in issue 48, from The Meghan Dress pattern with two styles to sew, to the glittery gift tags and colourful Santa sacks in this issue’s Handmade Christmas project book. Take a peek inside the issue…Bring the party to your sewing room with this issue’s Meghan Dress – a slinky frock for showcasing show-stopping fabrics, with two elegant strap styles and lengths to mix and match. What’s more, as Meghan is designed for stretch jersey, you’ll be super-comfy as you dance the night away, too!And it’s not just your festive style we’ve got covered – issue 48 also comes with a project book filled with Christmas makes for you, your home and your family, with plenty of skills-boosting techniques to try, from toy-making to patchwork.
Deck the halls with a fabric chain garland, make a cute puppet show for the kids, stitch little hanging houses for your tree, make a pretty patchwork gift bag and more, all inside issue 48’s Handmade Christmas project book.
Projects + features in issue 48:
- Sew modern Christmas decorations.
- Hack your Meghan Dress pattern into a cowl top.
- Make a swishy circle skirt – with no pattern needed!
- Learn to sew with jersey fabrics.
- Stitch a pair of faux leather earrings.
- Make a cute wash bag.
- Sew a set of nail file holders.
- Discover what inspires patchwork pro Flossie Teacakes.
- Make a beautiful applique tote bag.
- Sew the latest trends with The Fold Line.
- Master woven cross stitch and embroider a set of baubles.
- Refashion a jumper into a bobble hat.
- Sew a patchwork quilt and cushion set.
- Get festive sewing tips from Sewing Quarter.
- Make tabletop Christmas trees.
- Stitch a gingerbread house toy.