Sun’s out, colours out! Summer is on its way, and that means bold hues and playful prints are at the top of our to-sew list – and filling the pages of issue 57.
Refresh your summer wardrobe with three easy patternless makes, upgrade your picnic game with laminate accessories, stitch cute toys to keep the kids entertained, and make a swoon-worthy sun dress and overnight bag with issue 57’s two patterns: The Rosa Dress and The Betty Bowler. Take a peek inside the issue…Relaxing by the beach, exploring a new city, picnics with the kids…whatever your summer brings, you’ll need a Rosa Dress to do it in!
This issue’s cover-star frock is vintage-inspired, swishable and a breeze to wear, with a button fastening, lining, strap tabs (to create that pretty sweetheart neckline) and a gathered skirt – plus an optional hemline ruffle for added flounce!
Share your summer sewing with us tagged #simplysewingmag! Of course, once you’ve got your holiday wardrobe all sewn up you’ll need an overnight bag to pack it all in – so why not make that too? Issue 57’s Betty Bowler is a cute retro design that’ll take your bag-making skills to the next level, with piping, pockets and a pro bias binding seam finish.
Also in issue 56:
- Refashion a shirt into a summer cami
- Make an easy-sew wrap skirt
- Stitch a set of bright laminate picnic accessories
- Get tips for sharing your sewing online
- Sew a patternless drape jacket
- Be inspired by fibre artist Katrina Rodabaugh
- Make a fold-out dollhouse
- Learn Portuguese border stitch and embroider a card case
- Stitch a no-pattern jersey dress
- Master making buttonholes and covered buttons
- Sew a patchwork runner and mats set
- Make a sweet elephant plushie toy