We’re going oh-sew retro this month! We’ve filled issue 45 with timeless styles for your summer wardrobe, from a 1940s tea dress to a super-comfy striped maxi, as well as a stylish craft room makeover and an Ikea hack with a difference. Take a look inside the issue…Get tea-party ready with this issue’s cover star, The Evelyn Dress, a 1940s frock with pretty vintage-inspired details aplenty and two lengths and collar styles to mix and match. Ours are sewn up in two beautiful Liberty floral cotton prints from www.alicecaroline.co.uk – swoon!
We’d love to see your vintage-inspired makes, so be sure to tag your snaps with #simplysewingmag!Also with issue 45 is The Boxy Top pattern, a staple design from Jen Hewett’s new book Print Pattern Sew. This simple everyday blouse pattern can be made extra-special by block-printing your own fabric with Jen’s easy-to-follow how-to inside the magazine. We can’t wait to see the designs you come up with!
Projects + features in issue 45:
- Sew a set of craft room accessories.
- Make a maxi dress to your measurements.
- Stitch a statement hairband in an afternoon.
- Turn your creative hobby into a business with tips from the experts.
- Upcycle an Ikea rug into a stylish bag.
- Make a sweet denim purse.
- Learn woven wheel stitch and embroider a set of brooches.
- Sew patchwork trinket bowls.
- Find out what DIY Couture’s Rosie Martin is sewing this month.
- Stitch a colourful quilt for your dining table.
- Make cute baby shoes in two styles.
- Discover doll-maker Louise Kelly’s fun designs.
- Try Foundation Paper Piecing and make a cactus hanging.
- Sew a summer hopscotch game.
- Stitch a crocodile plushie toy.