As if discovering a brand new series of the Great British Sewing Bee is on the horizon wasn’t enough, now there are even more reasons to be excited about sewing challenges in the UK this summer! A brand new national sewing competition is launching and it’s open for entries.
Sew Your Style is a new dressmaking challenge issued by ICHF Events in association with The Pattern Pages. Dressmakers are being asked to show off their proudest creations. The competition has already attracted sewists from across Europe but there’s still a few weeks to get your entry together – the closing date is 21st June.
The challenge has 4 categories to pick from
- Vintage: a garment that’s inspired by a past era
- All in the Detail – something with that WOW factor, from clever construction togreat shaping and beautiful details (the chance to show off those pin tuck and pleats skills!)
- Refashion – upcyling a garment from one thing into show-stopping me-made creation
- Accessorise – anything goes from glam bags to jewellery.
After reviewing the entry photos, the judges will pick 40 top pieces and invite their makers to display their garments for final judging at the Creative Crafts show at the NEC, Birmingham from 29th June to 1st July.
- Great British Sewing Bee series 5 news
- Sewing hashtags to inspire your projects
- Dressmaking fans! Browse our sewing patterns here
The three winning pieces from each category will then tour ICHF shows across the UK throughout 2018 and a visitors’ favourite announced at each venue. So your frocks could be famous! If you want to showcase your dressmaking skills and enter Sew Your Style, all you have to do is choose a category and complete a form online to register your entry.
Visit www.ichfevents.co.uk/competitions/ for the online entry form and full competition details.
Oh, and all entries will receive a free ticket to the Creative Craft Show this summer at the NEC, Birmingham. So what are you waiting for?