Happy New Year stitchers! It’s time to invigorate our inspiration boards and make plans for this year’s handmade wishlist. We have a jam-packed 2017 ahead! Simply Sewing issue 25 has plenty to inspire, with 3 patterns to add to your stash and new techniques to learn. Here’s a peek at what’s inside…
We’re adding coat-making skills to our repertoire with the cover star this month, Cotton + Chalk‘s Waterfall Jacket pattern, an easy-sew winter cover-up with an elegant shawl collar and cosy pockets – perfect for those new to sewing outerwear, or for more experienced stitchers looking for a quick winter style fix. Speaking of quick sewing fixes, issue 25’s Granville Skirt pattern, from Wendy Ward’s new book A Beginner’s Guide to Making Skirts, is another speedy sew, with a flattering A-line shape, secure double-wrap front and button closure.
We’re giving bag-making a go too with issue 25’s City Shopper tote. Its patchwork detail makes it a great stash-buster, and the step-by-step instructions will take you through the bag-making process step by step. Hello, new sewing skills!
Also in issue 25:
- Sew a set of night-sky bedroom accessories.
- Take on a new challenge with our top ten e-courses feature.
- Make a cocoon jersey dress.
- Learn basic embroidery techniques.
- Discover what’s on Lisa Comfort’s 2017 sewing list.
- Make a denim desk buddy.
- Stitch a set of nesting dolls.
- Refashion a jumper with neon thread.
- Sew a simple jersey pencil skirt.