Why wait until the new year to start something new? We’ve packed issue 49 with skills-boosting projects to get started on today, from a stylish unlined coat and an everyday blouse from Named’s new book, to a bouquet of rag rug blooms – and the prettiest embroidered wreath you ever did see! Take a look inside the issue…
Never sewn a coat before? No problem! Meet your first outerwear project, The Eloise Set. This simple unlined style is the perfect first coat project, or a quick sew for an experienced stitcher, and can also be made as an everyday pinafore dress for layering. You’ll master sewing with coat fabrics, adding facings and stitching buttons and buttonholes (although you can swap them for snap fasteners for an even speedier make!).
Sewn your own Eloise Set? Share it tagged #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
Also with issue 49 is The Sade Blouse, and exclusive design from the new Breaking the Pattern book by Named founders Saara and Laura Huhta.
Learn how to sew with lightweight fabrics and add a touch of Scandi simplicity to your winter wardrobe with this chic floaty style, featuring pretty cross-over back and sleeve details and ties.
Also in Simply Sewing issue 49:
- Make a set of festive kitchen accessories
- Add a pleated skirt to a plain tee for a party-ready frock
- Make a sweet mini satchel bag
- Stitch a handy fold-up tote
- Get inspired with Named’s winter sewing plans
- Make a cosy diamond quilt
- Sew a cute snowman softie
- Try coat-making with top tips from the pros
- Make a set of origami baubles
- Sew a swan cushion
- Give a plain jumper a rudolph makeover
- Stitch a Christmas hoop sampler
- Rag rug a bouquet of hydrangeas
- Sew a Christmas tree advent calendar
- Discover Joanna Heptinstall’s beautiful upholstery
Simply Crochet is also available as a digital edition, for Apple phones and tablets, Android phones and tablets and to read through Zinio. Click here to find the right version for you.