This month, we’re channelling the hygge vibe! Grey skies and chilly temperatures have us staying at home and spending quality time with our sewing machines – and we’ve filled issue 50 with cosy projects so you can do the same, from home makes in luxe faux fur to easy-wear winter style updates. Take a peek inside…
Denim skirts are all-year-round staples, so we’ll be sewing up issue 50’s The Cressida Skirt to wear now with tights and boots, and a tee and sandals come the summer! Designed by Jennifer Lauren Handmade, this classic skirt in sizes 6-20 has a swishy 1950s-inspired silhouette, two button styles, optional belt loops – and, most importantly, pockets!
- Simply Sewing is available to buy in our online store here
- Or get the digital edition for Apple phones and tablets, Android phones and tablets, Amazon Kindle, the Barnes & Noble Nook, or Zinio.
*Our digital issues don’t include our covergift patterns
Share your vintage-inspired handmade style with us tagged #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
You can never have too many snuggly knits in your wardrobe, so sew your own with issue 50’s The Jodie Jumper! This chunky jumper in sizes 6-20 has a cute patch pocket detail and neat hem bands and cuffs – and there’s a bonus jumper dress download to make, too.
It’s designed for medium-weight sweatshirt, fleece and ponte roma fabrics, so is sure to be your go-to this winter!
Also in issue 50:
- Make Scandi-inspired home accessories.
- Sew a metallic clutch bag.
- Transform a blanket into a chic cape.
- Learn how to use different interfacings.
- Make a glitzy sequin collar.
- Try the art of refashioning with tips from the pros.
- Sew a geometric sweatshirt.
- Stitch a set of oilcloth storage bags.
- Meet Minki Kim and her whimsical designs.
- Learn eyelet stitch and embroider a pouch.
- Make a cute hedgehog cushion.
- Sew a fabric backgammon set.
- Stitch a set of patchwork placemats.
- Upcycle a coffee sack into a tote bag.