Issue 54 is out now and we’ve filled it with simple-to-make garments that are as fun to sew as they are to wear, plus on-trend home accessories and cute toys for kids, too. Here’s a look at what’s inside…
Why do you sew your own clothes? Is it for the joy of being able to say: “I made it!” when someone compliments your outfit? Is it so you can achieve the perfect fit? Is it so you can curate a wardrobe full of clothes that are unique to you? We bet it’s all of the above − and more! So we’ve filled our new issue with as many new looks for you to sew as possible – and even included 3 exclusive sewing patterns.
- Buy your copy of issue 54 in our online store
- Download your issue 54 patterns here
- Have you seen our new Etsy store?
That’s a wrap! Sew your own version of the staple style made famous by Diane von Furstenberg with issue 54’s cover star, The Wrap Dress. With simple-sew grown-on sleeves and a tie fastening (no zips or buttons, hurrah!), this little number is easy to make, a breeze to fit to your shape and, as it’s designed for drapey fabrics like crepe, rayon or cotton lawn, will be a dream to wear. And the pattern includes a chic wrap top, too!Also with issue 54 is Sew Over It’s versatile Cora Set. With an easy-wear fit and the option to make it as a tunic dress or top, this staple piece can easily be dressed up or down for weekends, work and special occasions. Add a waist belt, tuck it into jeans, wear it loose on the beach – the options are endless! The construction may be simple, but it’s packed with fun-to-sew features: a V-shaped neckline with a unique pleat detail, grown-on sleeves and a high-low hemline with side splits. Don’t forget the accessories! We’ve got them covered too with issue 54’s adorable Kimi Satchel. This bag might be mini in size, but it isn’t short on stylish details and new sewing techniques to learn. From creating a faux leather closure and matching tassel, to sewing neat topstitching and adding hardware, you’ll master them all. It’s our new go-to date night bag!
Also in issue 54:
- Sew a set of beauty gifts for your friends.
- Make an off-the-shoulder ruffle dress.
- Sew a patchwork cushion duo.
- Find out what Sew Over It’s Lisa Comfort is sewing next.
- Sew a paperbag-waist midi skirt.
- Make a patchwork table runner and placemats.
- Discover designer Louise Scott-Smith’s new cut-and-sew kits.
- Stitch a garland with embroidered constellations.
- Find out how to sew more sustainably.
- Make a sweet child’s sundress with a shirred detail.
- Learn how to finish seams without an overlocker.
- Sew an applique kid’s apron.
- Stitch a pushie cat toy.
- Make an heirloom Liberty baby quilt.
- Make a bunny gift bag.
*Please note our digital editions don’t include the bonus cover gift patterns