Whatever adventures your summer brings, make sure you fit in some quality sewing time! We’ve filled issue 55 with easy-sew wardrobe and home updates with a summery vibe (including 3 paper patterns!), from a jersey wrap dress and staple A-line skirt to a fold-up tote (perfect for picnics!) and boho bedroom makeover. Order your copy today in our online store. Take a look inside…Packing clothes for your summer break is so much more fun when they’re all me-made, right? So sew a must-have for your holiday wardrobe with issue 55’s The Leila Dress, which is super-comfy, super-chic, and super speedy to sew. With a relaxed T-shirt style, an optional tie belt and a chic faux wrap midi skirt that’s sewn in place for easy wear, this dress is going to be our go-to outfit for holidays, barbecues and parties. Say hello to the only skirt pattern you’ll ever need! MIY Collection’s Kelham Skirt with issue 55 can be made in 20 different ways, with pleat, waistband, pocket and length options to mix and match. How you combine them is up to you! Share your versions with us tagged #simplysewingmagAlso with issue 55 is the handy Fold-Up Tote pattern that includes a clever hidden feature – it folds up and zips away to fit neatly in your handbag, ready for your next fabric-shopping trip! It’s a great skills-booster too; you’ll learn how to add sturdy straps, a lining and that nifty zip fastening, plus a mini zip pocket.
Also in issue 55:
- Make a cosy boho bedroom set.
- Sew a colourful patchwork cushion.
- Hem your jeans with sashiko stitching.
- Get men’s sewing inspiration from five creative guys.
- Make a drapey quick-sew poncho.
- Stitch an embroidered needlebook.
- Meet Gabriela Longfish from Chalk & Notch patterns.
- Transform a men’s shirt into a summer top.
- Master your overlocker with our troubleshooting guide.
- Sew a cute banner from fabric scraps.
- Make an eco-friendly wax sandwich bag.
- Stitch an adorable plushie fox pillow.
- Sew a patchwork coat hanger.
- Learn how to do English paper piecing.
- Stitch a luxe gold make-up bag duo.
Spruce up bedrooms with our boho makes.
Sew a rainbow with Katarina Roccella’s diamond cushion made in mood-boosting brights.