From weddings to proms, afternoon teas to garden get-togethers, the summer months are filled with fun events to sew for – and we’ve filled issue 42 with inspiring ideas for them all! From an occasion frock and bridal gifts, to a chic clutch bag and sequin shrug, take a peek at what’s inside the issue below. Get ready to twirl your way into events season with issue 42’s cover star, The Sophia Dress. The swoon-worthy style has a feminine full skirt in two lengths, fitted princess-seam bodice, optional cap sleeves and statement cut-out side panels.
- Grab a copy of issue 42 today in our online store.
- Fancy making a Sophia without the cut-out side panels? Free bonus side panel pattern piece
- Download your issue 42 free sewing patterns here
- Pattern store: Find out more about the Sophia Dress
Share your occasion style with us tagged #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
Also in issue 42:
- Make a quick-sew set of bridal gifts.
- Draft a pattern for a vintage-style sequin shrug.
- Make a swishy wrap skirt.
- Read our interview with Named Patterns.
- Sew a floral bomber jacket.
- Stitch a statement necklace.
- Sew a chic mini clutch bag.
- Get tips for sewing occasionwear from the experts.
- Make a garment holder.
- Sew a vintage robe.
- Stitch a summery leaf quilt.
- Make a star-motif patchwork cushion.
- Sew a cute pig plushie.
- Discover this season’s trends with The Fold Line.