We don’t need much of an excuse to swap our winter warmers for swishy frocks, so at the very first signs of spring we’re getting the sewing machine out ready for some new-season sewing with issue 40. Issue 40 is filled with projects to inspire you this spring, with 3 sewing patterns for your stash, cute Easter makes and home projects to give your space a spruce-up. Pick up your copy today in our online store. Here’s a peek inside the issue…
Issue 40 comes with 3 easy-fit patterns for your spring wardrobe: The Libby Dress, Tilly And The Buttons’ Stella Hoodie, and The Drape Top.
The Libby Dress is a timeless style with a princess-seam bodice, pleated skirt, and a sweet Peter pan collar in UK sizes 6-20 – perfect for gorgeous Liberty prints. Swoon!
For your off-duty wardrobe there’s the Tilly And The Buttons Stella Hoodie, from Tilly’s new book, Stretch. Mix and match prints and plains for the hoodie and hood lining and enjoy weekend lounging in me-made style.
And for a wear-with-anything staple, make The Drape Top – this simple-sew twist on a classic jersey tee can be worn with your fave jeans or dressed-up with a skirt and heels.
Share your finished projects with us tagged #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
Also in issue 40:
- Sew gardening gifts.
- Transform a jumper into a cardigan.
- Stitch a no-pattern pleated skirt.
- Make a new handbag for spring.
- Sew a sweet apple cushion.
- Learn Danish knots and sew a bunny gift bag.
- Read our interview with Closet Case Files.
- Try patchwork and stitch a hoop hanging.
- Make a bunny basket and plushie set.
- Sew a chick soft toy.
- Get inspired with artisan homewares.
- Stitch a child’s appliqué coat.
- Make a pintuck tee.