Give your home, wardrobe and skills a boost this summer with issue 59 – out now! Packed with 21 exclusive-to-us designs to sew, from two stylish covergift patterns and beginner tutorials for drafting your own (it’s easy, we promise!), to eight too-cute designs to stitch for a new baby. Take a peek inside…This issue’s cover star, The Amelia Dress, is guaranteed to become your favourite dress to sew – and not just because it’s got pockets! It can be dressed up and down with two length options, pretty gathers, a flattering waistband and cap sleeves. Share your versions tagged #simplysewingmag If you’re looking for a me-made bag with a professional finish – The Blair Bag is just the pattern! This classic handbag features a secure zip closure, four pockets (yes, four!) and stylish designer details such as silver bag hardware and lining.
Also in issue 59:
- Sew eight cute baby shower gifts.
- Draft your own boxy top.
- Get to know your overlocker with our go-to guide.
- Make pom pom-detail espadrilles.
- Learn thorn stitch and embroider a napkins set.
- Discover the joys of crafting together with our skills-sharing feature.
- Sew an everyday backpack.
- Stitch a beaded watermelon brooch.
- Get inspired to try punch needle embroidery with Arounna Khounnoraj.
- Make a duvet cover and pillowcase set.
- Find out what Debbie Shore has planned for her Sewing Quarter shows.
- Sew a simple hexie patchwork quilt.
- Stitch a floral make-up bag.
- Make a swan queen plushie with a flower crown.
- Sew a tunic dress, with no pattern needed.