Summer is all about making the most of the great outdoors – and our sewing machines! Garden parties, beach days, park picnics, exotic holidays: we’ve got them all covered with issue 44’s summery projects with a tropical twist, from statement maxi frocks to outdoor party makes. Grab your copy today or take a peek inside the issue…Her name was Lola…and she’s 44’s cover star!
Maxi dresses are as much a summer essential as sunnies and sunscreen, and The Lola Dress, available in UK sizes 6-20, is our ultimate full-length style, with a swishy skirt and two versions to sew: a square neckline with spaghetti straps, or elegant off-the-shoulder sleeves.Also with issue 44 is The Beach Bag – the perfect beginner’s bag project with an oversized fit for all your beach essentials and on-trend tassel and quilted details.
Share your Lola Dress and Beach Bag tagged #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see your me-made summer style!
Also in issue 44:
- Sew a pineapple doorstop.
- Meet the French pattern houses inspiring our me-mades.
- Stitch a set of garden-party accessories in botanical prints.
- Embroider a sun hat.
- Sew a child’s sleeping bag.
- Refashion jeans into shorts and add Liberty details.
- Make a retro picnic basket liner.
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at Claire-Louise Hardie’s career in sewing.
- Sew a set of mesh laundry bags.
- Make a boho lace top, with no sewing pattern needed.
- Stitch a patchwork chevron banner.
- Try seed stitch and embroider a jam jar cover.
- Learn how to work with seed beeds and make an ice cream patch.
- Discover the work of top embroiderers Hand & Lock.
- Dye and make a shibori blind.
- Sew a scrap-busting fishing game.
- Stitch a cute giraffe toy.