Hello, new fave frock! Make a versatile dress for your autumn wardrobe with Jade – our easy dress sewing pattern in UK sizes 6–20, featuring simple-style sleeves and a midi or knee length.
This dress sewing pattern has an easy-to-sew kimono sleeves (make them with no fiddly setting-in, yay!), plus pockets, a pleated waist and V-neckline.
As the balmy days of summer drift into a cooler autumnal vibe, we’re met with the same dilemma every year – what to wear? When it’s not quite warm enough for our floaty frocks (sob!) but not quite cold enough for snuggling up in a cosy knit, we need easy-to-wer styles we can layer up.
- Browse our sewing patterns to find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 35 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
Remember to share your jade dress or top with us using #simplysewingmag!
The Jade Dress
Dress sewing pattern – only available with issue 35, Simply Sewing magazine
UK 6 – 20, ES 4 – 18, EUR 34 – 48
You will need
- Fabric – Dress A: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 3.2m (31⁄2yds); 140cm (55in) width fabric x 2.7m (3yds) for all sizes
- Fabric – Dress B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.6m (3yds); 140cm (55in) width fabric x 2.2m (21⁄2yds) for all sizes
- Clear elastic – 1m (1 yard)
- Matching thread
Medium-weight knit fabrics such as ponte de roma or scube fabrics with ideally no more than 30% stretch.
- Make a seamed bodice with princess seams
- Add pleats to create a full skirt silhouette
- Sew binding around the neckline
- Insert sleeves
- Attach elastic to the waist seam for easy dressing (no zip needed!)
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 35 in our online store.