With a tie fastening, elegant flutter sleeves and midi and maxi lengths, The Maria Dress is the ultimate in summery chic. Get making this wrap dress sewing pattern today!
There’s a reason wrap dresses are a trend that never goes away – feminine, timeless, romantic and so easy to wear, they’re the go-to for pretty much every occasion summer throws our way. Whether we’re heading to a wedding, birthday, brunch, barbecue or just a day at the office, we’ll be wearing our wrap dress! And this issue’s Maria Dress is the dreamiest of them all, with elegant flutter sleeves, a delicate waist tie fastening and midi and maxi lengths to sew.
- How to do a Full Bust Adjustment on the Maria Dress pattern
- 10 of the best Summer Sewing Patterns
- Find your next me-made garment in our Etsy Pattern Shop!
You’ll learn how to work with lightweight fabrics such as crepe and viscose, insert flutter sleeves, sew facings for a neat neckline, and add the finishing touch: those pretty ties!
Share your finished Maria dress with us using the hashtags #simplysewingmag and #mariadress.
The Maria Dress Sewing Pattern
UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18, EUR 34-38)
- Stitch with lightweight fabrics
- Sew flutter sleeves
- Make spaghetti strap waist ties
You will need:
- Fabric: Dress A: 4.3mx140cm (43⁄4ydx55in)
- Fabric: Dress B: 3.7mx140cm (41⁄8ydx55in)
- Stay tape for the neckline (optional)
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Lightweight cotton, cotton lawn, crepe or rayon.
Can’t wait to start sewing?
Get the PDF version of this pattern instantly to your phone, tablet or computer in our Etsy shop.