Sew a show-stopper with the Meghan party dress sewing pattern. Make her in slinky knit fabric, with two lengths and a chic cross-over neckline detail.
It’s our favourite time of year for sewing: party season! Which is the perfect excuse to go all out with glitz, glitter and sparkle to make this months’ cover star, The Meghan Dress. Her slinky style is ideal for showcasing show-stoping fabrics, and as Meghan is designed for stretch jersey, you’ll be oh-so-comfy as you dance the night away!
The pattern includes two elegant strap options – cross-over and off-the shoulder, plus knee and mid lengths to mix and match. From luxe sequins to plus velvets, statement prints to classic black – you’ll want to make Meghan in every colour, for every festive occasion!
- Buy this pattern with issue 48 today
- Browse more of our dress sewing patterns
- 12 of the best beginner sewing patterns
Grab a copy of issue 48 for fabric and occasion styling inspiration, and be sure to share your finished Meghan Dress tagged #simplysewingmag
The Meghan Dress
Only available with issue 48, Simply Sewing magazine
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need:
- Main fabric: Dress A: 115cm (45in) width x 3.4m (33⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Main fabric: Dress B: 115cm (45in) width x 2.4m (23⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Clear elastic: 10mm (3⁄8in) wide x 3.5m (4yds)
- Ballpoint needle
- Basic sewing kit
- Matching thread
Medium-weight knit fabrics including viscose jersey, sequin jersey and stretch velvet.
- Sew with jersey
- Sew an on or off-shoulder neckline detail
- Use elastic to support a garment’s shape
- Attach facings
Simply Sewing issue 48 is available both in-store and online.
You can check our stockists’ details here to find your nearest copy, or if you’d rather shop online you can buy individual issues from our UK online store here. Alternatively, overseas sewists can order a copy here.