The Olivia dress is the second sewing pattern in our Cotton + Chalk collection. This summer dress pattern with a relaxed, boho vibe has a round neck with elastic casing at the waist and sleeves. It comes in two varieties. Dress A has a round neckline with an elastic casing at the waist and is knee length with a ruffled hem, while Dress B is a maxi length dress with an on-trend side seam split and contrast band. Both can be made with full or three-quarter sleeves, depending on how hot your vacation destination is!
Be sure to share your Olivia Dress with us using #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
The Olivia Dress,
Get it with: July issue 18, £6.99
Sizes: UK sizes 6-20
- Insert a hidden elastic waistband
- Add easy-sew gathered sleeve cuffs
- Give shape to a neckline with interfacing
- Make a ruffle hem (Dress A)
You will need:
- Fabric: see pattern envelope
- Double-fold bias tape: 1.3cm (½in) wide x 1.6m (1¾yrd)
- Elastic 2cm (¾in) wide x 1.1m (1 1/8yrd)
- Elastic: 6mm (¼in) wide x 60cm (24in)
- Iron-on interfacing 46x60cm (18x24in)
- Cording: 3mm (1/8in) wide x 1m (40in), for Dress A only
Light to medium weight fabrics such as viscose, rayon, cotton and silk.
Get the pattern: With the July issue of Simply Sewing magazine.