Hello, new fave frock! Make a versatile dress for your autumn wardrobe with The Adele Dress sewing pattern in UK sizes 6–20, featuring simple-style sleeves and a midi or knee length. This dress sewing pattern has an easy-to-sew kimono sleeves (make them with no fiddly setting-in, yay!), plus pockets, a pleated waist and V-neckline.
As the balmy days of summer drift into a cooler autumnal vibe, we’re met with the same dilemma every year – what to wear? When it’s not quite warm enough for our floaty frocks (sob!) but not quite cold enough for snuggling up in a cosy knit, we need easy-to-wer styles we can layer up.
- Browse our sewing patterns and pick your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 34 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Adele Dress is our cover star for issue 34 of Simply Sewing magazine. She comes in UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18/EUR 34-38), is the all-season, all-occasion dress our wardrobe has been waiting for, with two lengths to choose from. Chose a lightweight fabric that has some drape but is still crisp enough to hold those oh-so-pretty pleats – we used the swoon-worthy Rifle Paper Co. Wonderland rayon.
Remember to share your Adele dress or top with us using #simplysewingmag!
The Adele Dress: SOLD OUT
Dress sewing pattern – was available with issue 34, Simply Sewing magazine, £6.99
You will need
- Fabric: Dress A: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.9m (21⁄4yds); 140cm (55in) width x 2.5m (23⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Fabric: Dress B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.6m (3yds); 140cm (55in) width x 2.1m (21⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Iron-on interfacing: 30x60cm (11x24in), to match fabric weight
- Invisible zip: 56cm (22in)
Light to medium weight fabrics, preferably with some drape, such as cotton, cotton lawn, rayon, crepe or linen blend.
- Insert pleats to make a shaped skirt
- Sew pockets
- Have a go at kimono sleeves – they’re really easy!
- Add a zip
- Dress-making basics: attach the skirt to the bodice
- Practise your hemming skills along the sleeve and bottom edges.