Get your spring sewing off to a chic start with The Amélie Dress pattern’s elegant square neckline and pretty fluted sleeve option.
Sure, we might love sewing with cosy jerseys and snuggly knits – but we are so ready for summer frock season! We can’t wait to stock up on drapey viscoses and breezy cottons ready to start on our spring/summer me-made wardrobe. And where better to begin than The Amélie Dress?
With her chic square neckline, vintage-inspired fit-and-flare silhouette and optional fluted sleeve, there’s no sunny occasion we wouldn’t wear this versatile dress to. Weekend barbecue? You’ll find us there in an Amélie made in a ditsy floral cotton. Special occasion? You bet we’ll be bringing out the luxurious crepes for a show-stopping style.
- Browse our PDF sewing patterns in our Etsy store
- How to use a sewing pattern: beginner’s guide
- Issue preview: inside issue 53 of Simply Sewing magazine
The Amelie Dress
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need:
- Main fabric: Dress A: 3mx115cm (31⁄4yds x 45in), or Dress B: 3.5m x 115cm (4yds x 45in)
- Invisible zip: 56cm (22in)
- Elastic: 10mm wide x 60cm (3⁄8in x 24in)
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Light to medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton, cotton lawn, crepe and rayon.
- Change the look with a plain or fluted sleeve.
- Insert an invisible zip
- Fit sleeves with elastic for a comfy fit
- Sew fluted sleeves
Order your printed copy today in our online store or head to our Etsy shop for the PDF version.