We’re taking style tips from screen icon Audrey Hepburn with her namesake dress sewing pattern: The Audrey Dress. This vintage-style pattern is a classic frock with a cinched-in waist, swishy pleated skirt and hem band detail. We think Audrey would approve! At this time of year, we love spending cosy evenings in curled up in front of a classic movie with a hot chocolate in hand – if only so we can imagine ourselves wearing (and sewing!) the leading lady’s fabulous frocks.
The Audrey Dress is sized to fit UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18, EUR 34-48) and features a fitted bodice with bust and waist darts, wide waistband, full pleated skirt and hem band detail. With its flattering 1950s-inspired fit-and-flare silhouette, we think Audrey would love it!
The Audrey Dress sewing pattern
This pattern is sold out:
December issue 24, £6.99
Sizes: UK sizes 6-20
- Add darts to the bodice bust and waist to give a flattering fit
- Sew neat pleats to add volume to the 1950s style skirt
- Insert an invisible zip
- Sew-up a simple waist band to emphasise the waist
You will need:
- Main fabric: 150cm (60in) width fabric x 3.5m (33/4yds)
- Main fabric: 150cm (60in) width fabric x 2m (21/4yds)
- Contrast fabric: 150cm (60in) width fabric x 1.5m (13/4yds)
For both dresses:
- Iron-on interfacing: 75x75cm (30x30in)
- Invisible zip: to match fabric, 40cm (16in)
- Matching thread
Woven fabrics such as cotton, linen, poplin, cotton blends and crepe suiting.