Pack your holiday essentials in The Beach Bag sewing pattern. This jumbo tote has quilted details and on-trend tassels. Here’s to golden sands, sunny skies and colourful me-mades!
Learn essential bag-making skills with this simple design and have fun as you practise – we’ll show you how! The Beach Bag has fabric-covered cord handles for durability and style.
- Find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 44 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Beach Bag sewing pattern
Bag sewing pattern, only available with issue 44, Simply Sewing magazine
You will need
- Main fabric: 150x100cm (60x39in)
- Lining fabric: 150x100cm (60x39in)
- Foam interfacing: 150x72cm (60x28in)
- Spray adhesive (optional)
- Bag cord for handles: 11mm (1/2in) wide x 150cm (60in)
- Magnetic bag clasp
- Scrap of wadding, felt or interfacing
- Yarn for tassels
- Card for tassel-making
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Use a heavy-weight, durable fabric for the bag outer. We used needlecord for the main bag and a plain cotton fabric for the lining.
- Construct fabric-covered straps
- Try on-trend tassels
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 44 of Simply Sewing magazine in our online store.