Made in Liberty fabric and featuring webbing straps and four pockets, The Betsy is the perfect combination of practical and pretty (and includes a matching purse, too!).
When the sun comes out, so does our sewing machine, ready to play with our stash of Liberty florals! As much as we love spending time at our sewing table, though, we want to enjoy the sunshine too, so quick, satisfying projects are on our summer sewing list – and the Betsy Tote pattern by Alice Caroline is at the top!
The Betsy Tote bag sewing pattern is free with issue 30 of Simply Sewing magazine. We’ve made ours in a patchwork print designed by Alice in collaboration with Liberty, featuring Alice’s favourite designs in exclusive colourways. Swoon! Find it at www.alicecaroline.co.uk or read on to get your hands on the pattern.
The Betsy Tote **SOLD OUT**
Bag sewing pattern, was available with Simply Sewing magazine issue 30. This issue has sold out.
You will need
- Main fabric: 112cm (44in) width x 1m (11⁄4yd) or 137cm (54in) width x 75cm (30in)
- Lining fabric: 112cm (44in) width x 1m (11⁄4yd) or 137cm (54in) width x 75cm (30in)
- Heavyweight interfacing: 90x105cm (35x42in)
- Cotton webbing: 2.5cm (1in) width x 225cm (89in), pink
- Zip: 28cm (11in)
- Zip: 18cm (7in)
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
- Use a 1.25cm (1⁄2in) seam allowance unless otherwise stated.
- All seam allowances are included.
- Learn the basics of bag-making
- Attach a sturdy strap
- Add pockets
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 30 in our online store.