Short breaks, shopping trips, gym classes, days out – Lisa Lam’s handiest of me-made bags from issue 47 will be your go-to for them all!
And it’s a great skills-booster too, with pretty piping and pockets. Opt for canvas fabric and webbing straps for a hard-wearing bag. This bag sewing project is an exclusive design by Lisa Lam. See more of her makes and stock up on bag-making supplies at www.u-handbag.com and scroll down to order this pattern.
- Find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 47 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Bowling Bag
Bag sewing pattern, only available with issue 47, Simply Sewing magazine
You will need
- Outer fabric: 115x125cm (45x49in)
- Lining fabric: 115x100cm (45x40in)
- Iron-on woven interfacing: 100x90cm (40x35in)
- Iron-on fleece: 100x115cm (40x45in)
- Firm fusible interfacing: 50x100cm (20x40in)
- Zip: 61cm (24in), for bag closure
- Zip: 30cm (12in), for lining pocket closure
- 2 D-rings: 38mm (11⁄2in)
- 2 trigger hooks: 38mm (11⁄2in)
- Strap webbing: 38mm (11⁄2in) x 3m (3.5yds)
- Piping: 5mm (1⁄4in) wide x 3.6m (4yds)
- Sewing clips
- Piping or zip sewing machine foot
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
- Add piped edging for a professional finish
- Attach sturdy straps
- Insert zips
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 47 of Simply Sewing magazine in our online store.