Sew a staple boxy top for your everyday wardrobe (and even print the fabric, too!) with Jen Hewett’s block-printed design. This is a great beginner’s sewing pattern.
This top’s boxy shape is ideal for showcasing a bold fabric, or even your own hand-printed design. No fastenings and flat sleeves make it a simple sew.
This top is one of 13 printing and sewing projects in Print Pattern Sew by Jen Hewett. £25, www.roostbooks.com
The Boxy Top sewing pattern
This pattern is available with: Simply Sewing, issue 45
Sizes: XS to XL
Practise your skills
- Try block-printing fabric
- Stitch shoulder seams
- Hem a top
- Make facings for a neat finish
You will need
For making the top:
- Main fabric: 112cm (44in) width fabric x 1.6m (13⁄4yds) or 150cm (60in) width fabric x 1.2m (11⁄4yds), for all sizes
- Iron-on-interfacing: 25x90cm (10x35in)
- Elasic: 1cm (3⁄8in) width x length to fit your waist
- Basic sewing kit
- Matching thread
Light to medium-weight woven fabric. You’ll find instructions or how to print it inside issue 45.
Get the pattern: With issue 45 of Simply Sewing magazine.