Sew Jennifer Lauren Handmade’s 1950s-inspired Cressida Skirt in UK sizes 6-20, with two button styles, belt loops, a fit-and-flare silhouette – and pockets!
We love a pattern that gives us a chance to tick off lots of skills in one project, and this issue’s Cressida Skirt by Jennifer Lauren Handmade is packed with techniques to try. You’ll master sewing in-seam pockets, buttonholes, belt tabs and perfect topstitching – and have a twirly, 1950s-inspired skirt at the end of it all!
- Buy this pattern with issue 50 today
- How to use a sewing pattern: beginner’s guide
- Find more of Jennifer’s patterns at www.jenniferlaurenhandmade.store
The Cressida Skirt
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need:
- Main fabric: Skirt A: 150cm (60in) width x 2.1m (3yds); 115cm (45in) width x 2.9m (31⁄4yds)
- Main fabric: Skirt B: 150cm (60in) width x 1.7m (2yds); 115cm (45in) width x 2.8m (31⁄8yds)
- Buttons: Skirt A: 14 buttons 2.5cm (1in) in diameter or smaller
- Buttons: Skirt B: 11 buttons 2.5cm (1in) in diameter or smaller
- Lightweight fusible or sew-in interfacing: 40x90cm (16x36in)
- Tracing paper
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton, denim, corduroy and suiting.
- Insert buttonholes
- Add optional pockets and belt tabs
- Assemble a skirt with a fitted waistband
- Practise your neat topstitching
Simply Sewing issue 50 is available both in-store and online.
Order your copy today in our online store.