Update your weekend wardrobe with Made it Patterns’ Drop Set, a casual knit dress or tunic top in UK sizes 6-18 with a flattering asymmetric shape.
As much as we love sewing up special frocks, we want to fill our wardrobe with me-mades for all occasions, from dressed-up dinners to dinner-and-a-movie at the weekends. The Drop Set is in the latter category – designed for stretch knits and so comfy it’s like wearing secret pyjamas, this staple jersey style nails the luxe-casual trend with its unique asymmetric drape and can be made as a dress or tunic top in UK sizes 6-18 (US 4-16, EUR 34-46).
Olu and Anna of Made it Patterns say: “It’s an addictive sewing experience; quick, easy and enjoyable. Once you Drop, you won’t stop.” Psst! Read our full interview with the Madeit duo in Simply Sewing issue 32.
Never sewn with knits before? No problem! The clear step-by-step instructions will take you through the whole thing – this is a perfect project to try out some new sewing skills.
Share your Drop dress or top with us using #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
The Drop Set sewing pattern
Get it with: Simply Sewing magazine, August issue 32
Sizes: UK sizes 6-20
- Learn to sew with stretch fabric
- Adjust a pattern for the perfect fit
- Construct a dress and top
- Attach neck binding (with two different methods to choose from to suit your skill level)
- Add sleeves
- Practise neat hemming
You will need:
- Fabric: Dress: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.5m (3yds) or 150cm (60in) width x 2m (21⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Fabric: Top: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.35m (23⁄4yds) or 150cm (60in) width x 1.9m (21⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Clear elastic: 5mm (1⁄4in) width x 1 metre (1yd)
- Matching thread
Medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as viscose/elastane or a true knit.
With the issue 32 of Simply Sewing magazine. Available in our online store.