Say aloha to your next sewing project, The Eden Set. Make this sewing pattern in UK sizes 6-20 as a relaxed-fit summer dress and top with optional patch pockets and tie or cuff sleeve details.
Whether you’re stitching up a few new holiday outfits before you jet off somewhere exotic (you lucky thing!) or just want to give your day-to-day look a beachy vibe, this issue’s cover star is the ultimate easygoing summer style.
The Eden Set, in UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18/EUR 34-48), can be made as an everyday tie-sleeve top or a breezy gathered dress – in fact, this versatile pattern isn’t just a breeze to wear, but a breeze to make, too!
- Shop our digital patterns in the Simply Sewing Etsy store
- 12 Beginner sewing patterns to sew today
- How to adjust a sewing pattern to fit
Eden is designed for simple-sew cotton or linen fabrics (just think of all the pretty prints there are to choose from!) and has a hook and eye closure rather than fiddly zips or buttons. She’s the perfect beginner’s project, or a speedy sew for a more experienced stitcher. Either way, your new summer wardrobe starts here!
The Eden Set: digital sewing pattern
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need
- Main fabric: Dress 115cm (45in) width x 2.7m (3yds), 140cm (55in) width x 2.2m (21⁄2yds) for all sizes
- Main fabric: Top 115cm (45in) width x 1.7m (2yds), 140cm (55in) width x 1.5m (13⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Hook and eye
- Matching thread
Linen or light to medium weight woven cotton.
- Try two sleeve finishes – make your dress or top with tie or cuff sleeves.
- Gathered detail – sew a gathered waist for an easy-wear style.
- Patch pockets – add these optional extras
- Beginner’s project – fastens with a hook and eye for a simple sew.