Sew a new staple for easy layering with The Emma Pinafore sewing pattern in UK sizes 6-20. This easy-sew pinafore dress comes with two pocket styles and two lengths to mix and match.
Spring weather can be so unpredictable – one minute it’s gorgeous, get-your-frocks-out sunshine, the next it’s cloudy and breezy – so sew yourself a transitional staple to see you through all seasons with The Emma Pinafore in UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18/EUR 34-48).
- Buy this pattern with issue 41 today
- Wear me-made everyday and browse our pattern shop
- Read more about issue 41 of Simply Sewing magazine
This feminine take on a utility style is perfect for layering with everything from cosy knits to favourite tees and features a V-neck bodice, gathered details, a wide waistband and two pocket styles and skirt lengths. We’ll be stitching one for every day of the week.
The Emma Pinafore
Dress sewing pattern – only available with issue 41, Simply Sewing magazine
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need
- Main fabric: Pinafore A: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 3.1m (31⁄2yds) or 140cm (55in) width fabric x 2.7m (3yds) for all sizes
- Pinafore B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.2m (21⁄2yds) or 140cm (55in) width fabric x 1.8m (2yds) for all sizes
- Lining fabric: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 60cm (24in)
- Invisible zip: 56cm (22in)
- Hook and eye
- Matching thread
Medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton, chambray and cord. Use cotton lawn or cotton voile for the lining.
- Use a 1.5cm (5⁄8in) seam allowance.
- Seam allowances are included on the pattern pieces.
- Sew a simple lined bodice
- Practise in-seam or patch pockets
- Insert an invisible zip
- Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 41 of Simply Sewing magazine in our online store.