The Granville Skirt sewing pattern by Wendy Ward is a collaboration between Simply Sewing magazine, MIY Collection and Cico books. It’s the latest in our series of easy sewing patterns and has a simple-sew wrap style with an A-line shape and button fastening.
If you’ve ever wondered how to sew a skirt, this is a great pattern to get you started. Or for more confident sewists, this is a great weekend project that offers a flattering fit and shape.
The Waterfall Jacket, from Cotton+Chalk
Issue 25, Simply Sewing magazine, £6.99, Sizes: UK 6-24 (US 4-22/EUR 34-52)
- Insert darts to create a flattering fit
- Use interfacing to add stability and shape
- Add a buttonhole and button fastening.
You will need
- Main fabric: 2.5m (23⁄4yds) of 112cm (44in) width fabric, or 2.3m (21⁄2yds) of 140cm (55in) width fabric.
- Iron-on interfacing: to match fabric weight, 90x90cm (36x36in)
- Bias binding: 2.5m (23⁄4yds)
- 2 buttons: 2-3cm (3⁄4–11⁄4in) diameter
- Matching thread
Medium weight woven fabrics such as denim, linen, cotton blends, corduroy, chintz, poplin and lightweight wools.