Learn bag making skills with our gym bag sewing pattern. Pack everything you need for a workout (or your next weekend away) in this roomy duffle…
This project includes sturdy webbing shoulder and crossbody straps, plus faux leather details.
- Find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 38 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Gym Bag sewing pattern
Bag sewing pattern, only available with issue 38, Simply Sewing magazine
You will need
- Main fabric: 120x135cm (47x53in)
- Contrast fabric: 100x112cm (39x44in)
- Lining fabric: 100x112cm (39x44in)
- Iron on interfacing: 25x25cm (10x10in)
- Iron on wadding: 120x90cm (47x35in)
- Foam interfacing: 200x72cm (78x28in)
- Bundfix iron-on tape: 2 packets
- Heavy duty zip: 51cm (20in)
- Zip: 18cm (7in)
- 6 rectangle rings: 4cm (15/8in)
- Bag slider: 4cm (15/8in)
- 2 snaps or press fasteners
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Canvas, curtain-weight fabric or faux leather.
- Bag making
- Insert a zip
- Insert snap or press fastners
- Sew with heavier weight fabrics
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 38 of Simply Sewing magazine in our online store.