Keep cool with Cotton + Chalk’s kimono-style top sewing pattern. With it’s floaty style, it’s designed for lightweight fabrics with a jersey vest top for layering.
When it comes to holiday dressing, we’re all about easy styles that will work for beach days, city breaks and everything in between. Cotton + Chalk‘s The Holiday Set (in UK sizes 6-20/US 4-18/ EUR 34-38) will be a warm-weather favourite whatever your getaway plans are this summer. This lightweight top can be worn with jeans and sandals for sightseeing, or over your swimsuit as a beach or poolside cover-up, and includes a jersey vest top to layer or wear separately.
This 3-in-1 pattern has a kimono-style top with a separate vest top. Top A has a front V-shaped opening while Top B has contrast bands. The vest top is a simple style designed for knits with 35% stretch and has a scoop neckline. Sew it your style and remember to share a pic – we’d love to see! #simplysewingmag
The Holiday Set sewing pattern *SOLD OUT*
- Sew a round- or V-neckline
- Build up your confidence with knit fabrics
- Top stitch hems for a neat finish
- Add an optional contrast band to the sleeves
You will need:
- Fabric Top A: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 1.9m (2 yds) or 152 width cm (60in) width fabric x 1.8m (17⁄8 yd)
- Main fabric Top B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 1.6m (13⁄4 yd) or 152 width cm (60in) width fabric x 1.8m (17⁄8 yd)
- Contrast fabric Top B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 0.7m (3⁄4yd) or 152 width cm (60in) width fabric x 1m (1 yd)
- Fabric: Top C: 152 width cm (60in) width fabric x 1m (1 yd)
- Top A or B: Single-fold bias tape: 12mm (1⁄2in) wide x 1m (1yd).
- Top A: Iron-on interfacing; 20x13cm (71⁄2x5in)
- Matching thread
Kimono top A or B:light to medium weight woven fabrics such as voile, georgette, chiffon, silk and crepe. Vest top C: for stretch knits one with 35% stretch across the grain.