Come rain or shine, whatever the season or occasion, we’ll choose to wear jersey if we can! Comfortable, flattering and available in a myriad of tempting colours and prints, this versatile fabric is a staple of both our sewing stash and our handmade wardrobe. Sew mix and match jersey staples with The Fold Line‘s two-in-one Jenny pattern in UK sizes 6-20, which can be made as a layered dress or a open-back top.
- 2-in-1 pattern: The open back top can be attached to the dress or made to wear separately
- Easyfit: The top finishes at the waist for a comfortable fit
- Modern style: The dress has a relaxed silhouette with an empire waist seam.
- Simple to sew: the dress ad to feature grown-on sleeves and no fiddly fastenings
Share your finished Jenny Dress with us using #simplysewingmag – we’d love to see!
The Jenny Dress sewing pattern **SOLD OUT**
This issue was available with the April issue of Simply Sewing, issue 28, £6.99. We’re sorry to say it’s now out of stock in our online store.
Sizes: UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18/Eur 34-38)
Practise your skills:
- Sew with knit fabrics (find tips inside the pattern pack)
- Hem your dress using the twin needle method
- Add a simple hook and eye fastening
You will need:
- Fabric – for the dress: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 3.4m (33⁄4yds); 140cm (55in) width fabric x 2.3m (21⁄2yds) for all sizes
- Fabric – for the top: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 1.2m (13⁄8yds); 140cm (55in) width fabric x 1.2m (13⁄8yds) for all sizes
- Hook and eye: for the top
- Matching thread
Light to medium weight stretch knit fabrics, such as cotton jersey or viscose jersey with 25% stretch.
Get the pattern: With issue 29 of Simply Sewing magazine.