Sew a sophisticated party look with The Katie Dress by Cotton + Chalk in sizes 6-20, with a feminine sweetheart neckline and two sleeve options. We do love a good party dress sewing pattern! Not only do we get to show off our sewing skills with a fabulous handmade dress, but we get to have fun while we’re modelling our latest creation. Now we’ve already found our ultimate party frock.
This flattering dress sewing pattern features a fitted bodice with princess seams, a skirt with just the right amount of swish for the dancefloor, and a pretty sweetheart neckline for wearing with your sparkliest necklace.
The Katie Dress sewing pattern
This pattern is sold out:
November issue 23, £6.99
Sizes: UK sizes 6-20
- Sew a sweetheart neckline
- Use princess seams on the bodice to create a fitted shape
- Add waist darts for a flattering shape
- Finish sleeves with a blind hem
- Insert a zip
You will need:
- Main fabric: Dress A 115cm(45in) width fabric x 2.4–2.8m (25⁄8–3 yards), depending on size
- Main fabric: Dress B 115cm(45in) width fabric x 2.2–2.4m (23⁄8–25⁄8 yards), depending on size
- Zip: 51cm (20in)
- Iron on interfacing: 46x60cm (18x24in)
- Matching thread
Medium weight knits and woven fabrics such as ponte roma, linen and crepe.