Make a new favourite for your little one’s everyday wardrobe with this sweet girls pinafore sewing pattern in sizes six months to seven years.
Sew your little one the purrfect outfit for playtime with this sweet cat pinafore dress for ages six months to seven years (if only it came in our size, too!). Designed by Wild Things Dresses for ages 6 months to 7 years, little ones will love the playful, dress-up vibe and patch pocket for stashing toys and treasures – not to mention how easy it is to run, jump and play in!
- Free project: Sew a children’s dazzling dragon costume
- Sewing for children: more ideas
- Simply Sewing issue 52: highlights and issue preview
This sweetest of patterns is a skills booster – you’ll learn how to sew a patch pocket, button fastening, straps and topstitching. Our favourite bits though are the fun details – add contrast ears, hand-stitched whiskers and a glittery nose and eyes. It’s great for playtime as made in medium-weight fabric for comfort and durablility.
The Kitty Pinafore
Get this girls cat dress sewing pattern with issue 52 of Simply Sewing magazine.
Ages 6 months to 7 years.
You will need:
- Main fabric: 60x150cm (24x60in)
- Contrast fabric: 10x20cm (4x8in)
- Glitter fabric: small scraps in two colours
- Stranded cotton, for the whiskers
- Elastic: 30x2cm (12x3⁄4in in)
- Bondaweb (optional)
- Large button
- Basic sewing kit
Medium-weight fabric such as denim, corduroy or cotton.
- Sew a patch pocket
- Make a button fastening
- Attach straps
- Practise your top stitching
Simply Sewing issue 52 is available both in shops and online.
Order your copy today in our online store.