Sew a comfy new jersey staple for your day-to-day wardrobe with The Lauren Set, an easy-wear polo-neck top and midi dress.
There’s nothing like opening your wardrobe in the morning to a rail full of stylish me-made garments to choose from, so we’re working on filling ours up with clothes we’ll love to wear everyday – and we see many versions of this issue’s Lauren Set in our sewing future!
This staple style features an elegant polo neck and can be made as a top or slinky midi dress. We’ll have one in every colour, please…
Don’t forget to share your finished Lauren top or dress with us tagged #simplysewingmag!
The Lauren Set sewing pattern
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need:
- Knit fabric: Dress: 3.3mx115cm (33⁄4ydx45in) or Top: 2.5mx115cm (23⁄4ydx45in)
- Ballpoint sewing machine needle
- Twin ballpoint needle (see notes)
- Clear elastic: 6m (61⁄2yds) x 5mm (1⁄4in)
- Fusible edge tape
- Basic sewing kit
Light to medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as cotton jersey or viscose jersey.
- Learn to sew with Jersey
- Dressmaking: make and attach long sleeves
- Construct and attach a polo neck
- Use a 1.5cm (5⁄8in) seam allowance.
- Stretch fabric seams must be stabilised to avoid ripped stitches – clear elastic or fusible edge tape are two options.
- A twin ballpoint needle will produce a double row of stitching, ideal for hems.
Simply Sewing issue 51 is available both in-store and online.
Order your copy today in our online store.