Sew a new spring staple with The Libby Dress sewing pattern in UK sizes 6-20, with a classic Peter Pan collar, simple pleated skirt and two sleeve and skirt lengths.
In the words of Taylor Swift, it’s time to shake it off – your winter knitwear, that is! We’re waving goodbye to layers and saying hello to breezy cotton prints with this issue’s Libby Dress. This timeless style features a princess-seam bodice, pleated skirt, and a sweet Peter pan collar we reckon Taylor would definitely approve of.
Show us your spring style tagged #simplysewingmag
- Find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 40 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Libby Dress
Dress sewing pattern – only available with issue 40, Simply Sewing magazine
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need
- Fabric – Dress A: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 2.6m (3yds) or 140cm (55in) width fabric x 1.9m (21⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Fabric – Dress B: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 3m (31⁄4yds) or 140cm (55in) width fabric x 2.2m (21⁄2yds) for all sizes
- Contrast fabric for collar: 115cm (45in) width fabric x 35cm (14in)
- Iron-on interfacing: 35x35cm (14x14in)
- Invisible zip: 56cm (22in)
- Hook and eye
- Matching thread
Lightweight woven fabrics such as cotton, cotton lawn, crepe and viscose.
- Sew a Peter Pan collar
- Add pleats to the skirt for a flattering fit
- Insert an invisible zip
- Customise patterns: Choose from two sleeve and skirt lengths.
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 40 of Simply Sewing magazine in our online store.