Add a touch of Scandi simplicity to your everyday wardrobe with Named’s Sade Blouse sewing pattern, a floaty top with chic tie details.
Master sewing with drapey fabrics with this elegantly simple blouse. Its relaxed, loose-fit silhouette is designed for lightweight fabrics. The blouse back and sleeves feature unique vent and tie details. Find all the step by step instructions you need inside issue 49 of Simply Sewing magazine.
This blouse is from Breaking the Pattern by Named founders Saara and Laura Huhta (£26, Quadrille). Photography by Arto Markkanen. www.hardiegrant.com
- Buy this pattern with issue 49 today
- 10 top tips for sewing with lightweight fabrics
- 12 of the best beginner sewing patterns
The Sade Blouse
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need:
- Main fabric:
For sizes 1 and 2: 2m (21⁄4yd)
For sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8: 2.5m (23⁄4yd)
For size 9: 2.75m (3yd)
- Tape interfacing: 1cm (3⁄8in) x 4m (41⁄2yd)
- Bias tape: 4cm (1in) x 70cm (27in)
- Narrow ribbon or cord: 3-3.5m (3-4yds), for the ties
- Quilting ruler and rotary cutter (optional), for making bias binding
- Basic sewing kit
- Matching thread
Choose a lightweight fabric such as double gauze, cotton, silk or chiffon. Make sure that your fabric has drape – a stiff or heavy fabric will not work for this loose-fitting blouse style.
- Stitch with lightweight fabrics
- Attach sleeves
- Sew tie-detail sleeves
- Make and add bias binding
Simply Sewing issue 49 is available both in-store and online.