Update your off-duty look with Tilly And The Buttons’ comfy Stella Hoodie sewing pattern for stylish lounging. We’re excited to bring you this exclusive taster from Tilly’s new book, Tilly And The Buttons, Stretch!
The Stella Hoodie is an easy-fitting loungewear staple from Tilly And The Buttons, with contemporary drop shoulders and a three-piece drawstring hood. Show us your spring style and share a photo of your finished hoodie, tagged #simplysewingmag
- Find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- Have you got your hands one issue 40 of Simply Sewing magazine yet?
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Stella Hoodie
Hoodie sewing pattern – only available with issue 40, Simply Sewing magazine
UK sizes 6-20, US 4-18 and EUR 34-48
You will need
- Main fabric: 115cm (45in) width x 2.4m (25⁄8yds); 150cm (60in) width x 1.6m (13⁄4yds) for all sizes
- Hood lining fabric: 115cm (45in) width x 60cm (5⁄8yd); 150cm (60in) width x 60cm (5⁄8yd)
- Small piece of iron-on knit interfacing for buttonholes
- Cord, jersey yarn or flat cotton tape: 1.4m (11⁄2yd), for drawstring
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit
Sweatshirt fleece, French terry, stretch velour, ponte, double knit, medium-weight jersey with at least 10% crosswise stretch.
- Use a 1.5cm (5⁄8in) seam allowance.
- You can use a regular sewing machine as long as it has an adjustable zigzag or other stretch stitch, or you can use an overlocker if you have one.
- After sewing the seams, trim the seam allowance if you have used a regular sewing machine.
- Work with stretch fabrics
- Make a drawstring channel and cord for the hood
- Sew contemporary drop shoulders
- Add a lined hood to your garment
Get the pattern
Get the pattern free with issue 40 of Simply Sewing magazine in our online store.