Have you seen our new easy-to-wear pullover dress sewing pattern? It’s a great beginner’s dressmaking project as it needs no zips or fastenings and can be made in two lengths. It features a front scoop neckline, facings, back straps and side seam pockets.
Although we’ve packed away our floral frocks until next summer, there are some perennial staples that have earned their spot in our wardrobe all year round – and this issue’s Zoe Dress is one of them! This versatile frock in UK sizes 6-20 (US 4-18/EUR 34-48) is our go-to for easy summer style, but can be layered up with knits for cosy winter dressing, too.
- Browse our sewing patterns to find your next me-made project in our pattern shop
- How to sew a no pattern cardigan
- Top up your sewing machine skills with our Skills Boost series.
The Zoe Dress is pattern no. 10 in the Cotton + Chalk collection. It features a swishy trapeze shape, two lengths and a scoop neckline, with no need for fiddly fastenings – wohoo! Share your finished Zoe Dress with us using #simplysewingmag, we’d love to see!
The Zoe Dress **SOLD OUT**
Dress sewing pattern – this was only available with issue 35, Simply Sewing magazine
XS–XL, UK 6 – 20, US 4 – 18, EUR 34 – 48
You will need
- Fabric – Dress A: 115cm (45in) wide x 3.5–3.9m (33⁄4 – 41⁄4 yards) or 152cm (60in) wide x 1.9–2.1m (2–21⁄4 yards)
- Dress B: 115cm (45in) wide x 5.1–5.3m (51⁄2 – 53⁄4 yards) or 152cm (60in) wide x 4.5m–5.1m (47⁄8 – 51⁄2 yards)
- Matching thread
- Iron-on-interfacing – 46cm (18in) wide x 1–1.2m (1–11⁄4 yards)
Medium weight woven fabrics such as cotton blends, denim, linen or crepe.
- Sew a scoop neckline
- Add interfacing to strengthen the straps and neckline
- Insert pockets
- Finish with a neat hemline