We’re still buzzing with the news that the Great British Sewing Bee is coming back to BBC 2, with new presenter Joe Lycett stepping into the shoes of dry-witted fan favourite Claudia Winkleman. And now the show’s makers are calling for sewists to apply for the new series. What are you waiting for?
We knew we weren’t the only ones who’ve been waiting and waiting for news of The Bee’s return. After all, 36,000 fans signed a Change.org petition to bring back the show last year. And now it’s happening!
Although no date has been set for the new series as yet, we hear on the grapevine there won’t be a long wait until production starts. So if you want to be the first to hear all the news about what’s in store for Great British Sewing Bee 2019 then bookmark this page and we’ll keep it up to date when we know more!
Applications are now open for the new series!
If the thought of diving headfirst into ‘The Bee’s amply-stocked fabric stash to whip up dazzling garments on our TV screens sounds like it could be right up your street, then quick! Get over to www.applyforsewingbee.co.uk and apply before 28th May.
Insider tips! Series 4’s Angeline Murphy is sharing some top tips for applying for the Bee over on her blog.
Catch up on the last few series and sew the looks we saw on screen…
If you can’t wait for the show to come back on air, get your fix with our round-up of some of our favourite Great British Sewing Bee posts so far.
- 3 reasons Joe Lycett is perfect for the Bee
- 5 times Claudia Winkleman stole the show on GBSB
- Top 10 moments from the GBSB series 6 final
- Simply Sewing meets: GBSB judge Esme Young
- GBSB Series 4, episode 1: the techniques
- How to sew vintage patterns: be inspired by the Bee
- Great British Sewing Bee 2016
Meet the contestants from previous series…
- For the love of Joyce: meet the Bees
- Meet series 4 finalist Jade Earley
- Deborah Simms: on life before and after the Great British Sewing Bee
- Meet Rumana from series 4