Our stalking of Joe Lycett’s instagram has become a team hobby here on the team, ever since he was announced as Claudia Winkelman’s replacement for The Great British Sewing Bee series 5. In breaking news, Joe’s given us a clue about the show’s on air date and revealed how his own sewing skills are in need of a boost!We’re counting down the days until the new series of Great British Sewing Bee comes back to our TV screens (rumoured to be this Spring). With new presenter Joe Lycett stepping into the shoes of dry-witted fan favourite Claudia Winkleman, filming finished for new series in early Autumn 2018, and is rumoured to be heading to a TV near you this Spring.
They’ve released the first on set pic from @sewingbee lol
— Joe Lycett (@joelycett) December 12, 2018
Although no date has officially been confirmed for the new series yet, we’re a curious bunch so have been semi-stalking Joe Lycett on instagram (that’s allowed, right?). His latest post has confirmed the new series will be air in early 2019. Bring it!
- 3 reasons Joe Lycett is perfect for the Bee
- Top 10 moments from the GBSB series 6 final
- Simply Sewing meets: GBSB judge Esme Young
In a recent interview, Joe revealed he’s still got a lot to learn about sewing! “‘I’m useless at sewing — I don’t think I’m going to be doing any impressive blouses any time soon,’ he admits in an interview with Metro.
We update this post regularly with all the latest Great British Sewing Bee series 5 gossip so you bookmark it and we’ll keep you in the loop when we know more.
(Oh, and if you want to join us in snooping on Joe Lycett, his instagram is @joelycett. You’re welcome.)
Catch up on the last few series and sew the looks we saw on screen…
If you can’t wait for the show to come back on air, get your fix with our round-up of some of our favourite Great British Sewing Bee posts so far.
- 5 times Claudia Winkleman stole the show on GBSB
- GBSB Series 4, episode 1: the techniques
- How to sew vintage patterns: be inspired by the Bee
- Great British Sewing Bee 2016
Meet the contestants from previous series…
- For the love of Joyce: meet the Bees
- Meet series 4 finalist Jade Earley
- Deborah Simms: on life before and after the Great British Sewing Bee
- Meet Rumana from series 4
Free sewing projects inspired by the Bee
- Free download: GBSB Cami top and jumpsuit sewing pattern
- How to sew a yoga matt bag
- Fast fat quarter: how to sew a bento bag
- Sew your own knickers: inspired by GBSB
- How to sew a circle cape
Want to apply but have missed the boat for the Bee series 5? Angeline Murphy is sharing some top tips for applying for the Bee over on her blog so why not start thinking now about what you’d like to include, ready for when the call out for series 6 goes out.
All Great British Sewing Bee images copyright BBC/Love Productions/Charlotte Medlicott.