New Great British Sewing Bee presenter Joe Lycett has revealed on his instagram feed that filming has finished for series 5 and he’s even let slip a teaser for when the new series is set to air!We’re still buzzing with the news that the Great British Sewing Bee is coming back to BBC 2, with new presenter Joe Lycett stepping into the shoes of dry-witted fan favourite Claudia Winkleman. It seems that filming has just finished for new series, but when will it hit TV screens? (is the question we speculate endlessly about here at Simply Sewing HQ).
We knew we weren’t the only ones who’ve been waiting and waiting for news of The Bee’s return. After all, 36,000 fans signed a Change.org petition to bring back the show last year. And now it’s happening!
Although no date has officially been confirmed for the new series yet, we’re a curious bunch so have been semi-stalking Joe Lycett on instagram (that’s allowed, right?) ever since his new role was announced. His latest post reveals filming finished yesterday on the new series and confirms the new series will air in 2019. But when, Joe, when?!
- Catch GBSB stars Charlotte Newland and Jennifer Taylor on Sewing Quarter for their Great British Sewing Week
- 3 reasons Joe Lycett is perfect for the Bee
We update this post regularly with all the latest Great British Sewing Bee series 5 gossip so you bookmark it and we’ll keep you in the loop when we know more.
(Oh, and if you want to join us in snooping on Joe Lycett, his instagram is @joelycett. You’re welcome.)
Catch up on the last few series and sew the looks we saw on screen…
If you can’t wait for the show to come back on air, get your fix with our round-up of some of our favourite Great British Sewing Bee posts so far.
- 5 times Claudia Winkleman stole the show on GBSB
- Top 10 moments from the GBSB series 6 final
- Simply Sewing meets: GBSB judge Esme Young
- GBSB Series 4, episode 1: the techniques
- How to sew vintage patterns: be inspired by the Bee
- Great British Sewing Bee 2016
Meet the contestants from previous series…
- For the love of Joyce: meet the Bees
- Meet series 4 finalist Jade Earley
- Deborah Simms: on life before and after the Great British Sewing Bee
- Meet Rumana from series 4
Free sewing projects inspired by the Bee
- Free download: GBSB Cami top and jumpsuit sewing pattern
- How to sew a yoga matt bag
- Fast fat quarter: how to sew a bento bag
- Sew your own knickers: inspired by GBSB
- How to sew a circle cape
Want to apply but have missed the boat for the Bee series 5? Angeline Murphy is sharing some top tips for applying for the Bee over on her blog so why not start thinking now about what you’d like to include, ready for when the call out for series 6 goes out.
All Great British Sewing Bee images copyright BBC/Love Productions/Charlotte Medlicott.